The WHY

I have been asked WHY I did this. Why did I walk over  1000km on my own. 

The short answer: because I could. Longer answers in the blog posts. 

I have also heard a lot along the lines of “I’d love to do something like this, but I can’t”. 
Most often, it’s “because I am not fit enough” or “I don’t have the time”. 

To address the first: you get fitter as you go. Yes, I walked 1000km in 32 days, my friend Stef did it in 28 days or so. 
Most people take 50 to 60 days. And most of them are in their 50s, 60s and 70s. 
And no one has ever died of blisters. 

The second: Time is the most valuable thing you can give to yourself (quote credit to Oprah). 
If you really want to, you prioritise time. Whether that is to take long service leave to walk 1000km (which might be considered a “career limiting move” - see very first post in this blog!) or a campervan trip around Australia or across Europe or a 500hour yoga teacher training. It is about priorities.  
And for me, this was more important than my career or money. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4: Brookton to Monadnock’s

Day 8: Laundry Day! Shower Day!

Day 6: 32 in 37